Frequently Asked Questions
- Why are you calling this a Republican recall?
- What do you mean by the Republican attacks on reform minded DA?
- Why oppose the recall, even if I am not sure how I feel about Chesa Boudin?
- Why should I worry about Mayor Breed appointing a new DA? She is a Democrat.
- The petition for the recall got 83,000 signatures. Doesn’t this show that the recall is a grassroots movement?
- Why is Chesa always out campaigning instead of doing his job?
- If Chesa is doing well, why is he getting recalled?
- Isn’t crime out of control? I/my neighbors don’t feel safe.
- I have lived in San Francisco my whole life and this city is much worse in the last couple of years than it ever has been before. How is that not Chesa’s fault?
- If the DA is doing his job then why have homicides spiked in San Francisco?
- Property crime has skyrocketed in San Francisco. What is DA Boudin doing about it?
- How can you tell me that crime is down if my lived experience says otherwise?
- Isn’t it true that criminals know he won’t prosecute and so crimes are becoming more brazen? Are car and home break-ins skyrocketing because criminals “know they will get away with it”?
Prosecutions & Specific Crimes Under Chesa:
- How is Chesa addressing the root causes of crime?
- Doesn’t Chesa care more about criminals than victims of crime?
- What is DA Boudin doing about car break ins?
- Did Chesa Boudin set the $950 threshold for theft?
- Doesn’t Chesa refuse to hold accountable repeat offenders? They’re just back out on the street immediately?
- What is DA Boudin doing about the smash and grab retail thefts occurring in San Francisco?
- What is he doing about drug use in the Tenderloin?
- What is he doing to address Anti-Asian hate crimes?
- What is Chesa doing to support victims?
- If the police won’t work with him, regardless of whether it is Chesa’s fault or not, how can we proceed if we want to be safe? We can’t recall the cops.
- Why won’t Chesa prosecute strikes or gang enhancements?
- Didn’t Chesa’s end of cash bail mean that all these dangerous criminals were just getting immediately re-released back onto the streets as they waited for trial?
- Doesn’t Chesa just send everyone to diversion or restorative justice and fail to have real accountability?
The DA's Office Administration & Staff:
- Why have more than 50% of his staff quit his office if he is doing a good job?
- What about Brooke Jenkins and Don DuBain’s claims that Chesa refuses to follow the law?
- Didn’t Chesa just fill his office with public defenders who are unqualified to work as prosecutors?
- Does the DA’s Office hide data and refuse to be transparent?
- Why did Superior Court Judge Bruce Chan question the stability of Boudin’s office?
Specific Cases & Attacks:
- What about the two innocent women that were killed on New Years Eve? Wouldn’t they have been alive if Chesa didn’t let that person out of prison?
- Doesn’t DA Boudin only charge 14% of Domestic Violence cases, as it says on the recall mailer?
- But didn’t Chesa refuse to file charges against the abuser of Dr. Michelle, as the recall mailer and ads say?
- What about Shirin Oloumi, who quit and said Chesa dismantled her auto burglary unit and refused to let her cooperate with police?
- Did DA Boudin just take credit for the operation that was started before him?
- Why did Boudin claim the killing of an elderly Asian grandfather wasn’t racially motivated because the suspect was having a “temper tantrum” before the attack?
- Why did one of Boudin’s criminal investigators say that they were told to withhold evidence in a case and believed she would be fired if she refused?